Amado Samuel (1938)
Larry Bowa (1945)
Luis Rosado (1955)
Terry McDaniel (1966)
Kevin Appier (1967)
- Mets traded Dennis Ribant and Gary Kolb to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Don Cardwell and Don Bosch in 1966.
- Mets purchased Kevin Kobel from the Milwaukee Brewers in 1977.
- Mets traded Randy Myers and Kip Gross to the Cincinnati Reds for John Franco and Don Brown in 1989.
- Mets traded Kevin McReynolds, Gregg Jefferies and Keith Miller to the Kansas City Royals for Bret Saberhagen and Bill Pecota in 1991.
- Mets signed free agent Todd Haney of the Houston Astros in 1997.
- Mets traded Brian Bannister to the Kansas City Royals for Ambiorix Burgos in 2006.
- Mets traded Angel Pagan to the San Francisco Giants for Ramon Ramirez and Andrés Torres in 2011.
Games and Events:
1975 - Mrs. Lorinda de Roulet is named president of the Mets, succeeding her mother, the late Mrs. Joan Payson.
1989 - The Mets and Reds swap relievers. Randy Myers goes to Cincinnati and fellow closer John Franco will finish games in New York.
2004 - The Mets and Royals exchange right-handers with starter Brian Bannister going to Kansas City and reliever Ambiorix Burgos heading for the Big Apple. The son of former major league southpaw Floyd Bannister will place third in the AL Rookie of the Year voting earning nine victories for the last-place club, and the 23-year old Dominican will appear in only 17 games for New York being derailed by injuries and off-the-field incidents.